About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial’s ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR’s financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial Constructors is looking for an Iron Worker for a project in Pineville, LA. You must have previous combo welding experience as well. This position starts Jan 2021.
- Sets up hoisting equipment for raising and placing structural steel members.
- Fastens steel members to cable of hoist, using chain, cable, or rope.
- Signals worker operating hoisting equipment to lift and place steel member.
- Guides member, using tag line (rope).
- Pulls, pushes, or pries steel members into approximate position while member is supported by hoisting device.
- Forces members into final position, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, and hand tools.
- Aligns holes in member with corresponding holes in previously placed member by drifting drift pins or handle of wrench through holes.
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of members, using plumb bob and level.
- Bolts aligned members to keep them in position until they can be permanently bolted, or welded in place.
- Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Significant travel may be required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, buildings, structures, wharves, rooftops and other elevated positions, as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel lifts, in workboats, and working in awkward body positions.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled