Project Duration: Temporary
Project Location: Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
Shift: Day – 4/3 Rotation
Charter Flights: None – Drive-in/ Drive-out
Jardeg is recruiting Ironworker Journeypersons to join the Shell Scotford team on site near Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta. Full time position, January start dates, locals only, on a 4/3 schedule.
Jardeg has quietly existed as the construction industry’s best-kept secret for over 15 years. We’re the pros backing an elite group of companies who execute Graham’s large, complex construction and maintenance projects. With a significant presence in the Industrial Maintenance and Turnaround sectors, we’re the largest recruiter of skilled trades in Canada.
- Read blueprints and specifications to lay out the work.
- Unload and stack steel units allowing each piece to be hoisted as needed.
- Erect and install scaffolding, construction cranes, derricks, and other hoisting equipment.
- Assemble rigging (cables, pulleys, hooks) to move heavy equipment and materials.
- Attach cables from a crane or derrick and direct crane operators using hand signals or radios.
- Position steel units, align holes and insert temporary bolts.
- Check alignments and join steel parts by bolting or tack welding them with electric arc process.
- Assemble and erect prefabricated metal structures.
- Select, cut, bend, position, and secure steel bars or wire mesh in concrete forms to reinforce concrete.
- Install ornamental and other structural metalwork such as curtain walls, metal stairways, railings, and power doors.
- Unload and install pre-cast components.
- Journeyperson Certification or Interprovincial Red Seal.
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS 2020)
- Energy Safety Canada Confined Space Entry.
- Energy Safety Canada Fall Protection.
- Energy Safety Canada Aerial Work Platform.
- Fire Watch.
- Breathing Air with Bottle Watch.
- Mask Fit Test.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Journeyperson certification (required)
Work Location: One location