EK & A Rebar Contracting Ltd.
9530 Dawson CR Delta BC V4C 5H2 Canada
Salary: $32.61 to $35.00 per hour for 40 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 13
NOC Group: Ironworkers (7264)
NOC Job Title: Ironworker – Reinforcing Rebar
Various locations in Lower Mainland Vancouver with base at 9530 Dawson CR Delta BC V4C 5H2
EK & A Rebar Contracting is the leading rebar placing for Residential, commercial and industrial applications in BC. At EK & A Rebar Contracting, we work with contractors on industrial, commercial businesses, residential Sky Rises including providing rebar detailing for your builds. In addition, we take your structural engineering drawings and convert them into detailed construction drawings pointing out exact locations of all reinforcing steel, what is needed to support the rebar during construction as well as construction sequence. Our services include Rebar Concrete Reinforcement and Installation of Rebar.
- Place and secure rebar on commercial, residential and infrastructure projects in horizontal and vertical formworks
- Make, put up, hoist, install, repair and service structural rebar work, precast concrete, concrete reinforcing materials
- Space and fasten together rods in forms according to blueprints, using wire and pliers.
- Identify the different sizes, lengths and bend types of rebar
- Examine structure and equipment for deterioration, defects or noncompliance with specifications
- Position and secure steel bars or metal mesh in concrete forms
- Place blocks under rebar to hold the bars off the deck when reinforcing floors.
- Perform physical work like packing rebar, tying rebar, cutting rebar with a cut-off saw and placing rebar chairs appropriately
- Read and interpret detail sheets and drawings
- Signal crane operator to position steel units according to blueprints
- Work with, and supervise new apprentices
- Work around construction equipment safely, signal cranes, and work at heights with positioning equipment, or scaffold
- Ensure sufficient steel reinforcement of any given structure
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- 3-4 years of work experience in the trade as a Journeyman
- Trade certification for ironworker (reinforcing) is an asset to have, but not mandatory.
- Ability to walk stands, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks.
- Requires lifting, pulling and carrying of equipment and other objects
- Candidate should be willing to work outdoors, indoors and all-weather conditions.
- Basic knowledge of English is required.
- Familiar with slabs, walls, columns, zones, beams, slab-bands and able to work on any of these with information laid out and under supervision
Union rate applies, Medical and Dental and Pension benefits as per union collective agreement.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted!! Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
How to apply
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 9530 Dawson CR Delta BC V4C 5H2 Canada