We Build Reliability
Located near Victoria, British Columbia on Vancouver Island, Nicholson Manufacturing Ltd. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and service of ring debarking and log handling equipment for the forestry industry. By choosing Nicholson, our customers benefit from both proven design and innovation. Decades of experience in engineering and manufacturing combine with a continuous improvement culture to bring leading-edge technology to Nicholson’s products and services. Purposely designed and built to perform, Nicholson equipment can be found in wood processing facilities around the world. For more information about Nicholson, visit www.debarking.com.
Nicholson has an immediate opening for full-time Journeyman Fabricator/Fitter at our manufacturing plant in Sidney, British Columbia. The position offers compensation of $39.55/hour plus extended health benefits and pension through the Boilermakers Local 191 union. Nicholson provides safety training, on the job training and opportunities for career growth.
- Journey-person Fabricator/Fitter trade certificate, apprentice, or equivalent international accreditation.
- Apprentices will be paid the rate equivalent for their level of training.
- 2+ years of Fabricator/Fitter experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift parts weighing up to 30 lbs. and stand for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to work at heights
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and available for shift work as needed.
- Experience with overhead cranes and forklifts are considered an asset.
- Read, understand, and comply with all Company policies and procedures, including the Employee Handbook, Occupational Health and Safety requirements, and provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Read and understand technical drawings, blueprints, written procedures, and verbal instructions.
- Ensure parts are produced to specifications, verify work piece dimensions are correct and made within tolerances.
- Actively participate in, and contribute to, continuous improvement and safety initiatives in the workplace.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $39.55 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Approved WorkSafeBC COVID-19 safety plan. Visitors limited.
- authorization to work in Canada (required)
- Journeyman Fabricator/ Fitter certificate (preferred)
Work Location: One location