Eagle Builders is a Canadian based manufacturing and construction company specializing in the design, engineering, fabrication and building of precast concrete structures. Internationally recognized for their quality, Eagle Builders is the industry trendsetter for fostering innovation and emerging technologies. With a diverse portfolio in both the public and private markets, stakeholders procure Eagle Builders for precast developments that require proper technical expertise, stability and resources ensuring the highest success with lasting value and quality.
Established in 2000, Eagle Builders has a dedicated team of 300+ full-time employees. As we continue to expand in the industry and prepare for another busy year, we are looking for experienced Ironworker’s / Foreman’s to lead our dynamic crews in the installation of precast structures. If you want to contribute to the innovation of construction and join a fast-growing company, we want to hear from you!
The ideal candidate will be a Journeyman Ironworker and have a solid understanding of construction and experience installing building structures onsite. The successful candidate will demonstrate consistent leadership, strategic problem-solving skills, and ensure work can be done to the quality and efficiency that Eagle Builders is known for on a continual basis, 5-6 days a week.
- Lead and direct the installation of precast components during the erection of commercial, industrial, multi-story, major infrastructure projects and agricultural buildings
- Effectively manage and oversee a crew of 3-10 team members
- Drive the process by planning and organizing accordingly to ensure construction deadlines are achieved and the quality of every project is at or above standards
- Complete onsite layouts and site prep work prior to the installation of precast
- Supervise and assist with the rigging and signaling of cranes
- Provide supervision, training, and mentorship to all team members
- Communicate with the Senior Field Superintendents and other team members as needed to ensure company expectations are followed and superior customer service to clients is delivered
- Inspect and maintain all site equipment and address the issue when something needs to be fixed or replaced.
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ensure compliance with company safety policies and procedures
- 5+ years proven experience as a construction foreman is an asset
- Journeyman Ironworker certificate considered an asset
- Experience and knowledge installing precast and/or building structures is an asset
- Valid Standard First Aid, Fall Protection and Aerial Work Platform
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Must be able to read, interpret and execute details on blueprints
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment with the attention to detail
- The ability to lift at least 50lbs and comfortable with heights with proper safety restraints
- A valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
- Available to work away from home Monday-Friday, occasional Saturday
- Minimum 44-50 hours per week, must be flexible and willing to work overtime
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
What Eagle Builders Offers
- Unlimited growth and opportunity for advancement within the company
- Outstanding benefits after 300 hours
- Competitive hourly pay depending on experience and skill set
- Overtime pay after 8 hours day/44 hours week
- 6% vacation and statutory holiday pay
- Guaranteed every Sunday off
- Eagle clothing program after 3 months of employment
- Full-time year-round work
- Hotel accommodations and sub pay when working out of town
HIRING LEAD/DIRECT REPORT | Gerrit Sterk/Bart Van Haaren
JOB TYPE | Permanent, Full-Time
LOCATION | Blackfalds, Alberta
DEPARTMENT | Precast Installation
DIVISION | Field
CLOSING DATE | Position will remain open until suitable candidates are hired
START DATE | As soon as possible
We are a growing company with many opportunities which means your resume is distributed to multiple departments for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Eagle Builders, however only short-listed candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.