Position: Journeyman Plumber/ Gasfitter
Job Number: 2020111
Location: Edmonton, AB
Type: Full-time, permanent
Wage and Allowance: Competitive Market wage (Depending on experience) + Car Allowance
Other Benefits : 50% Rent Discount + Company Paid Medical Benefits (Dental, Health and Vision Care Benefits)+ Group Insurance
Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished real estate company which is publicly traded on Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). Its business focus is on acquisition & upgrading of residential properties and managing its own portfolio of over 15,000 residential apartments in five major cities across Canada.
The Journeyman Plumber/Gasfitter is responsible for all plumbing/gas related duties in assigned location(s) within a residential multi-family setting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Installing, maintaining and repairing of domestic/residential plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Troubleshoot and fix issues relating to plumbing and gas systems, water supply lines etc.
- Repair and replace system issues such as clogged drains, faucet problems, broken pipes, drainage lines etc. Clear obstructions from sink drains and toilets
- Inspecting and testing plumbing systems and equipment for safety, functionality, and code compliance and to determine the cause and location of trouble
- Reading and interpreting blueprints to assess or plan plumbing installations and layouts.
- Navigate the assembly and installation of pipes and tubes without interfering with existing infrastructure
- Measuring, cutting, welding and assembling pipes, tubes, fittings, and fixtures.
- Assemble valves, water system, appliances
- Installing, repairing and maintaining gas meters, regulators, gas lines and gas appliances
- Testing for gas leaks
- Working on boilers, ovens, gas-fired refrigerators, heating systems, etc.
- Installing and connecting appliances to gas, water, and electrical supplies
- Testing and replacing defective equipment or components
- Attending to gas escape calls and assisting in the investigation of gas fires and explosions
- Ensure compliance with building codes and set safety standard
- Be part of on-call and attend to emergencies as necessary
- Other relevant duties assigned by Regional Manager/Facilities Manager
Qualifications and Requirements
- Valid Journeyman Plumber /Gas fitter license
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in multi-family residential buildings an asset
- Good working knowledge of water supply, boiler, heating, and ventilation systems
- Proficiency in reading blueprints and using plumbing tools and equipment
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of plumbing systems, materials and equipment
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical dexterity
- Working knowledge of regulations affecting plumbing work
- Exceptional customer service focus
- Own tools
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- Must successfully complete a security clearance
How to Apply
Submit your resume online or email your resume quoting ” Job No. 2020111″ in the subject line to our email address . Visit our website for more information at www.mainst.biz/career. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305 – 10 Ave SE, Calgary, Alberta, T2G 0W2
Fax: (403) 266-8867
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care