Onsite3D’s mission is to apply world class leading technology into conventional workflows by partnering and training highly skilled labour. Injecting the technology strategically into the industry to complete projects better, faster and more cost effective.
Our state-of-the-art fabrication facilities in Grande Prairie utilizes innovative technology and an experienced crew to provide the absolute best in accuracy and quality. Our Robotic Spool Welder has a faster travel speed than a conventional welder and can be positioned between multiple spools for increased productivity. Our innovative workflow increases efficiency and accuracy at every step over conventional workflows.
As part of our commitment to support Indigenous communities we have a diverse team of people and a workplace built on respect and equality. We strive to create opportunities for the inclusion of Indigenous Peoples on our team and support Indigenous businesses in the regions that we operate.
Onsite3D Ltd. is actively seeking Journeyman B Pressure – BY HAND for local work in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
YOU MUST CURRENTLY HOLD VALID:
- B PRESSURE TICKET qualified with GMAW – Root & SMAW – hot pass/fill/cap.
- CWB STRUCTURAL TICKET qualified with FCAW and/or SMAW.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Capable of setting up workstation and all associated tools.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment – Working with a spool welding robot (SWR.)
- Proficient in reading and following welding procedures.
- Read and interpret drawings.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and be able to do the heavy lifting.
- Able to perform basic math problems.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to follow all safety procedures and wear all PPE and apparel required for the job.
- Responsible to ensure tools and equipment are in working order.
- Responsible for upholding and maintaining the safety culture and quality program within and when representing ONSITE3D.
- Ability to operate other equipment in the weld shop, operate hand tools.
- Ensure all products adhere to the production specifications of the customer.
- Read a tape measure to take critical measurements.
- Follow safe work practices.
- Assist in training & mentoring new employees.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment i.e., workstation, lunch area etc.
- Present a professional image of ONSITE3D., and a personal commitment to the safety and well being of all employees.
- Report any hazards to the Shop Manager or Supervisor immediately so corrective action can be taken.
- Support the Health & Safety Program.
- Practice safe and proper use of machinery and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- MUST live within 50KM of Grande Prairie as this is for LOCAL candidates ONLY NO LOA will be provided.
- Canadian Journeyman or Red Seal certification or equivalent required (ability to achieve Canadian certification is required).
- Must be available for a weld test ASAP.
- Minimum 1-5 years experience with welding.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, supporting apprentices as required.
- Good mathematical, scientific, mechanical, and logical reasoning abilities.
- Good communication and reading skills.
- Willing to obtain weld qualification tickets for weld procedures as required
- H2S Alive; Standard First Aid; Fall Protection; AWP; Common Safety Orientation.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to routinely lift ~12 kilograms.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and environments.
- Frequent squatting, kneeling, climbing and the ability to walk long distances.
Compensation and Benefits
- Apprentice Level 3: $43.20
- Apprentice Level 2: $38.40
- Apprentice Level 1: $33.60
Please submit your application through this posting. ONSITE3D thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please do not call regarding your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Salary: $0.10 per hour
- GMAW & SMAW: 1 year (preferred)