Not just a job opportunity; A career with purpose
Competition #: AL-2021-001
Acden Lemax Machining and Welding Incorporated is currently accepting applications for
Journeyperson Welders. These positions are primarily located at the Acden Lemax Shop and will support the client sites within the oil sands in Fort McMurray. The shift rotation is seven (7) on, seven (7) off, or (6) six on, (6) six off, 12 hour rotating day and night shifts. The wage is $51.00/hour. However, hours, schedules and locations may change from time to time due to operational and training requirements.
These are local positions to the Fort McMurray, Alberta region.
No accommodations or flights will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal pieces using processes such as gas tungsten arc (TIG or GTAW), gas metal arc (MIG or GMAW), flux-cored arc (FAW), plasma arc (PAW), shielded metal arc (SMAW), oxy-acetylene (OAW), resistance welding, submerged arc welding (SAW) and Cooper Heat.
- Apply advanced skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment as appropriate to area of specialization.
- Determine required equipment and welding method through applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, overhead and any “out-of-position” angle.
- Welders may specialize in certain types of welding, such as custom fabrication, structural construction welding or machinery, and equipment repair welding.
- Perform all work in compliance with established safety procedures and codes.
- Repair worn parts of metal products.
- Other duties as they arise that would fulfill the mandate of providing excellent service.
- Alberta Certified Journeyperson Welder (Red Seal Certification with CWB is an asset).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of welding experience.
- Welders may specialize in certain types of welding, such as custom fabrication, ship building and repair, aerospace precision welding, pressure vessel welding, pipeline construction welding, structural construction welding or machinery, and equipment repair welding.
- Welding Inspector Certification and/or inspection experience such as Magnetic Particle and Ultrasonic inspection will be considered assets.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blue prints.
- Fabrication welding experience required.
- Heavy Equipment repairs, including; dozers, dippers, heavy haulers, buckets, etc is required.
- Experienced with 1/16” (1.6mm) wire.
- Cooper Heat experience is required.
- Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), Gas metal arc welding (GMAW) (MIG), Flux core arc welding (FCAW), Stick Welding and Gouging (CAC-A).
- Electric Shovel repair experience is an asset.
- CWB Certifications are considered an asset.
- Welding Inspector Certification and or inspection experience such as Magnetic Particle and Ultrasonic inspection are assets.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must be physically fit, position involves extensive walking, carrying heavy materials, climbing and awkward positions.
- Comprehensive Drug, Alcohol and Audiometric pre-employment testing.
- Common Safety Orientation (CSO) or equivalent.
- Class 5 Driver’s License with a satisfactory abstract.
- Submit a 5-year driver’s abstract that is not more than 30 days old.
- Must be able to provide credentials of trade prior to the interview stage.
- Must be eligible to work on all Oil Sands sites within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
- Competitive Industry Wage.
- Competitive Benefits, including; medical, dental, extended health, long term disability, and life insurance.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and complete the online application at www.acden.com/careers
We would like to thank all who apply; however, only candidates that are being considered will be contacted.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Indigenous people (including ACFN, MCFN, FMFN, and Métis), women, visible minorities and persons with a disability.
Reference ID: AL-2021-001
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Fort McMurray, AB (Preferred)
- Welding: 5 years (Preferred)
- class 5 drivers licence (Preferred)
- CWB Certifications (Preferred)
- BSO, CSO or a combination of CSTS -09 and OSSA Regional (Preferred)
- Eligible to work on all oil sands site (Preferred)
- Certified Journeyperson Welder or Red Seal Certification (Preferred)