In this role you will be a key player in supporting production welding with training, testing, trouble shooting, process verification, 5S, and lean organization. You will implement best practice methods, in the weld shop and will act as the liaison with Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Purchasing, Production, Quality, Maintenance and Sales. The ideal candidate will have past hands on experience welding and will bring additional education in an engineering or similar background. This position is part of the Manufacturing Engineering Team.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs and provides production support on all welding trouble shooting.
- Develops, creates, and implements SOP’s for welding.
- Works with the M.E. Group, Engineering, and Tool Room to ensure weld tooling achieves the required results.
- Monitors new product designs along with best practices and communicates upcoming changes to the weld shop.
- Records and documents repair times for issues and PCR changes.
- Initiate any deviations or CCS requirements.
- Maintains records and prepares reports related to responsibilities and duties.
- May travel on occasion for work
- Performs other duties as directed by the Production Manager.
- Completion of high school, or equivalent.
- Completion of post-secondary education in Manufacturing Engineering Technology and/or recognized welding program.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Thorough understanding of shop floor processes/procedures.
- Good computer skills; knowledge of Excel and Word programs.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Understanding of 5S and ISO processes is preferred.
- General knowledge of shop floor safety rules and regulations.
- Capable of sustained physical effort while working with light and medium weight components.
- Ability to multitask while under pressure
- Ability to provide reports and develop work instructions.
- Valid driver’s license and passport for travel
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All individuals entering the building are required to wear a face mask and to adhere to all social distancing protocols.
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Mechanical Engineering: 3 years (preferred)
- welding: 3 years (preferred)