Leggett & Platt’s overall mission is a commitment to enhance lives – by delivering quality products, offering empowering and rewarding careers, and doing our part in bringing about a better future.
Leggett & Platt’s inventive heritage and leadership in the residential products industry span more than 130 years. As The Components People, we are the leading supplier of a wide range of products and components for all areas of life, including mattress springs and carpet cushion, as well as bedding machinery and erosion-control products.
From aerospace tubing and fabricated assemblies to flooring underlayment and carpet cushion, Leggett & Platt has divisions that design, manufacture, and sell a variety of products. Our reliable product development and launch capability, coupled with our global footprint, make us a trusted partner for customers in the aerospace, hydraulic cylinders, flooring, textile, and geo components industries.
Learn more about the history of Leggett: https://leggett.com/history
The world leader in bedding technology.
Leggett & Platt has been the driving force in bedding components technology since inventing the bedspring in 1885. Now, we own more mattress industry patents than anyone in the world.
Springs, foam, adjustable beds, machinery – our Bedding businesses design, produce, and supply innovative sleep solutions that help you rest comfortably.
Learn more about Bedding Components: L&P Bedding Group
BASIC FUNCTION: The certified welder will be responsible for a variety of welding responsibilities to support the welding, production, and maintenance departments. You will operate potentially dangerous and appropriate equipment for specific tasks related to putting together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision.
- Read blueprints and drawings and taking measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Assist Welding Machine Operators and re-work welding tasks as production demands require
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Participate in quarterly inventories
- Participate in Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) activities
- Conform to all Quality and Safety requirements and procedures
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance related to product, process, and the quality system
- Identify and/or record any problems relating to the product, process and the quality system
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels
- Verify the implementation of solutions
- Control further processing, delivery, or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected
- All other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions
- Steady hand and great attention to detail
- Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (safety glasses, steel-toed and metatarsal protection footwear, face-shield, gloves, etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Proficient in English
- Professional AWS Certification
- Willingness to learn and become certified to operate a forklift
Who we are and what we offer
Our comprehensive benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, stock plans, employee discounts, and more.
Since 1883, Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. Today our growing 137-year-old company is comprised of 15 business units and 140 facilities located in 18 countries. We’re not just hiring, we’re building a better company. Learn more about what Leggett life is like here: lifeatleggett.com
You can also create a profile, view, and apply for other open jobs: careers.leggett.com
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For specific regional privacy notices please refer to http://privacy.leggett.com/privacy-notices