Acuren is a trusted, single source provider of technology-enabled asset protection solutions used to evaluate the structural integrity of critical energy, industrial and public infrastructures. Committed to delivering a Higher Level of Reliability, Acuren provides an unrivaled spectrum of capabilities including inspection, traditional and advanced NDE/NDT, failure analysis, rope access, materials engineering, reliability engineering and condition based monitoring services.
Our work is critical to the integrity and safety of industrial firms, including petroleum refinery, pipeline, power generation, pulp & paper, mining, pharmaceutical, aerospace and automotive industries. Acuren employs over 4,500 dedicated professionals supporting the mechanical integrity and inspection programs of the world’s largest industrial segments.
Acuren is a market leader. Our formula for success is straightforward: be capable locally, with certified and well-equipped personnel supported by trained, experienced leaders. Continuing to build on a strong heritage of safety, quality and professionalism, Acuren strives to maintain incident free work environments, pursues advanced technical developments, and supports reliability programs that are valued by clients and employees. Acuren is a part of Rockwood Service Corporation, together with Hellier and Tacten.
Acuren is currently recruiting for a Materials/Welding Engineer to support field engineering based out of the Oakville, ON office.
- Generate welding procedures.
- Review welding procedures, processes and documentation.
- Generate Procedure Qualification Records
- Generate welding drawings, review welding drawings
- Perform weld inspection
- Write Welding Engineering and Weld Inspection reports with discussion, conclusions and recommendations
- Advanced understanding of welding and physical metallurgy
- Advanced understanding of Weld defects and failures related to welding
- Knowledge of welding techniques and fabrication processes
- Knowledge and experience in major manufacturing processes
- Familiar with Non-destructive testing of metallic materials
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate opinions based on technical knowledge and facts to clients and to colleagues
- Provide technical support to projects led by other Engineering Personnel.
- Act as the project leader for large, complex, multi-disciplinary investigations.
- Skilled in problem solving, and applying experience and expertise in an innovative manner
- Develop client relationships, new business opportunities, and marketing plans.
- Mentors and trains less experienced staff.
- Supports and encourages safety and quality assurance programs.
- Engages in and promotes ongoing professional development and continuous learning
- Minimum CWB Level II certificate
- BASc or BSc (MSc) in Welding Engineering, Materials or Mechanical Engineering
- API 653/510/570 or other related Certificates
- Registered/eligible as a P.Eng by provincial/state licensing body
- Familiar with quality assurance systems
- Team facilitation capabilities
- Membership and involvement in technical and industry associations
- Applicants with minimum of 5 years experience in Welding Engineering and Inspection are preferred. However, newly qualified engineers/post graduates with CWB Level II certificates are welcome to apply
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skill
Prospective employees must be able to perform all tasks as detailed on the complete Physical Job Description, be Fit for Duty at all times and be able to comply with the Canadian Model for Providing a Safe Workplace which includes alcohol and drug testing.
The strength of Acuren lies in its’ outstanding people. As a rapidly growing, intensely innovative, international privately held company, the opportunities to pursue challenging and diverse career development paths are vast. Complemented by an attractive and comprehensive total compensation package and a commitment to the principles of a respectful workplace, Acuren offers tremendous opportunities to those who wish to succeed.
If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please apply in confidence through Acuren’s online application process with copies of your certifications at www.acuren.com.
We appreciate your interest in a career at Acuren, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further information. Agency services are not required at this time