MDA Filtration Inc. is backed with over 25 years of technical and mechanical experience in pressure vessels and all other facets of filtration.
Certified for the manufacture of pressure vessels in accordance with ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII, Division I, and accredited by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers for use of the U and UM stamps, and the current edition of CSA Standard B51, Boiler, Pressure Vessels and Pressure Piping Code, MDA Filtration Inc. provides the latest technology in precision manufacturing.
Location: Cambridge, ON
Here we grow again!
Are you looking for a diverse, challenging, and personally rewarding career?
MDA Filtration Inc., a division of John Brooks Company Limited, is backed with over 25 years of technical and mechanical experience in pressure vessels and all other facets of filtration. MDA is certified for the manufacture of pressure vessels in accordance with ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII, Division I, and accredited by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers for use of the U and UM stamps, and the current edition of CSA Standard B51, Boiler, Pressure Vessels and Pressure Piping Code, MDA Filtration Inc. provides the latest technology in precision manufacturing.
For more information, check out our website: https://www.mdafiltration.com/index.html
We are currently searching for a WELDER FITTER to work in our Cambridge, ON shop!
We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package including:
- Competitive remuneration plan including base salary and incentive and/ or commission
- Competitive vacation plan
- Extended health and insurance benefits and Company Group RRSP with employer contributions
- Formalized employee achievement/service awards program
- Enthusiastic work environment with great culture, various employee-led committees, and an annual health & wellness subsidy program – to name a few offerings!
- Perform pressure welding
- Read and interpret drawings as per specifications, shop instructions
- Safely position, fit and assemble various substrates including Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Carbon to Stainless and Aluminum to quality standards
- Perform testing procedures as applicable
- As required, transport and/or position material and equipment to and from work area manually by hooking for overhead crane or by using floor operated overhead crane or forklift
- Proven commitment to workplace safety
- Minimum 1-year welding experience; required
- Minimum 1-year fitting experience; required
- Commitment to quality and the ability to work as a positive, effective team member, willing to go the extra mile to ensure we meet our customer expectations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Successful completion of MDA welder testing to obtain tickets per MDA procedures is required
- Basic understanding of blueprint reading weld symbols
Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with all required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada. John Brooks will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to medical reasons or any other ground protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
- Shop environment
- Fast-paced environment in a dynamic competitive industry
- Exposure to deadlines, multiple demands and priorities, multi-tasking, and interruptions
Monday to Thursday – 7:00am to 4:30pm
Friday – 7:00am to 11:00am
MDA Filtration, a Division of John Brooks Company Limited, embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives, and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, or any other category protected by provincial law.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.