Celebrating over 25 years in Central Florida, Earnest Products has been providing the highest-quality sheet metal fabrication of custom parts and related services to our customers. Family-owned and operated, Earnest Products takes pride in its Associates by building strong Team and Customer relationships through the continuous pursuit of our Core Values, our Mission, and our Vision. If you are looking for a “Family” environment where we promote continuous improvement, training, and career advancement, then you have found the right Team!
The primary purpose of the Welder position is to support the goals and objectives of the Welding department through a sense of urgency and an eye for quality and to ensure that all products are crafted to meet customer specifications. The Welder will be skilled in MIG and TIG welds on steel, stainless steel, and aluminum products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Experience with MIG outer shield wire and TIG welding on carbon and stainless steel is required.
· Knowledge of welding machine set-up based on the job at hand or by using Welding Procedure Specifications.
· Read and interpret blueprints and/or drawings to determine the specific welding requirements.
· Identify product defects and notify the line lead/supervisor immediately.
· Actively participate in improving processes and systems.
· Ensure that work meets quality standards.
· Promote a safe and clean work environment by continuously cleaning throughout the day.
· Consistently meet company set productivity guidelines.
· Consistently follow all safety instructions as outlined in the Associate Safety Manual.
· Adhere to Earnest Products Core Values, policies and procedures as outlined in the Associate Handbook.
· Regular attendance is an essential job requirement to meet company productivity standards.
· Overtime work as assigned.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
· High School diploma or equivalent is recommended.
· Trade School Degree or 2 – 3 years welding experience is recommended.
· Strong background and experience in using a variety of fabrication tools such as drills, grinders, and precision measuring tools.
· Experience in material setups, and layouts with stainless steel,
· Able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
· Positive attitude, reliable attendance, willingness to learn.
· Clean, air-conditioned facility
· Safety glasses are required on the plant floor at all times.
· The use of gloves, and hearing protection as required.
· Must have full range of motion and be able to kneel and bend for extended periods of time as tasks may require.
· This position requires continual use of your hands, considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
· This position requires long periods of standing.
· This position requires lifting and maneuvering 50lbs. without physical restrictions and up to 70lbs. with assistance of lifting equipment or with the assistance of other team members.
Earnest Products is an EEO and DFWP employer. Accommodation will be considered upon request. Distribution of this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- TIG Aluminum & Stainless Steel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Blueprint reading: 1 year (Preferred)
- MIG welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location