Metal Fabricator Responsibilities:
- CNC Plasma Cutter Operator
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with CNC – HI DEF Plasma / Oxy-Fuel Burning equipment.
- Crane operation and material handling experience required.
- Experience with carbon steel fabricating preferred.
- Must be able to read basic drawings.
- Must have an understanding of materials and tooling requirements.
- Must have a production or manufacturing background.
- Must be focused on providing a quality product.
- Familiarity with machine setups is considered a definite asset.
- Ability to operate with pre-written programs and on-console programming/editing is a definite asset.
- Comprehensive math skills required.
- Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
- Constructing base templates if necessary.
- Measuring and marking out cutting and bending lines.
- Setting up metalwork machinery including rollers, drill presses, flame cutters, brakes, and shears.
- Double-checking design specifications before commencing with cutting work.
- Fabricating and constructing metal components.
- Grinding and finishing completed products.
- Performing quality checks on completed products.
- MIG and Stick wilding .
- Conforming with state and company safety regulations.
- Completing job reports.
Metal Fabricator Skills :
Detail-oriented and focused, a successful Metal Fabricator is capable of following complex instructions. work well both independently and as part of a team, and are reliable and conscientious workers. In addition to these general skills and personality traits :
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions of a technical nature
- Effective English reading and writing communication skills
- Ability to operate different tools, and to troubleshoot equipment problems
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to lift in excess of fifty pounds
Expected start date: 2021-05-31
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$26.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Metal fabrication: 6 years (required)
- Welding: 3 years (required)