We are seeking an individual who enjoys working with their hands, is hard working and is comfortable using power tools. Experience or little experience, we are willing to train and build skills to develop a career employee. If you have a willingness to learn, motivated and have a focus on quality with attention to detail, we have a spot for you on our team!
In this role you are responsible for all aspects of the preparation of hollow metal doors and frames including door hardware preparation (locks, hinges, strikes, closers, etc.); door lite preparation (cutting opening, kit installation, glazing etc.); installing reinforcements, custom sizing of doors, and fabrication of custom frames and screens. Layout, grinding, welding and fabrication are significant components of this job.
SIGNIFICANT JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interpretation of the shop orders, shop drawings and hardware templates to prep door/frame components to specifications.
- The fabrication process includes measurement and layout, material cutting and notching, assembly, MIG welding, grinding/polishing, touch-up spray painting, and installing glass.
- Set-up and operation of and MIG welding equipment in assembling and modifying metal doors/frames. Cuts door down in size with power hand saw and cuts preps with other power tools.
- Working with variety of materials including: 16 – 20 gauge galvanneal sheet metal, body filler, sanding/grinding discs and spray painting of metal doors/frames.
- Grinds welds and body putty repairs flush and smooth, with proper feathering of affected area to flat surfaces
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduation Diploma.
- Previous experience in hands on production using measurement and power tools – such as manufacturing, welding or carpentry.
- Able to work in a detail-oriented environment, with tight deadlines.
- Communication skills that include reading, writing and interpretation.
- Mathematical skills such as add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to convert between Metric and Imperial measurements.
In accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarian’s Disabilities Act, 2005 – Accessible Employment Standard, we welcome and encourage applications from all people. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will only contact those selected for interviews.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
COVID-19 Safety Plan
Application deadline: 2022-03-11