SUMMARY: Shop welder needed to carries out a variety of applications utilizing MIG, Fluxcore, and Stick on vessel, flange, nozzels, manways, and tray assembly fabrication of most products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with blueprints, diagrams, drawings, and written or verbal instruction performs the necessary welding operations to complete assigned tasks.
- Plan layout and perform a variety of welding operations to ensure the most efficient use of time and materials.
- Make most determination necessary for the performance of welding operations including the number of passes and the adjustment of welding machines (anolog) needed to ensure that test and other customers/company specifications are achieved.
- Plans the sequence of welding operations so that component parts are welded in proper order.
- Selects pre-marked formed pieces available to fabricate welded assemblies to specifications, using carbon steel.
- Assembles a variety of products, clamps securely to the bench, and performs welding operations.
- Carries out welding operations required to produce tight seams that will pass customer/company inspection.
- Ensures that various subsections are compatible with one another and meet all specifications.
- Visually inspects parts and subassemblies for freedom from defects; suggests appropriate actions to correct defects.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
- Prepares for increased responsibility by receiving training on more advanced welding techniques.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Must have basic tools
- Must pass 4G welding test
- Must have transportation
- High School or GED
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location