This position reports directly to the Line Supervisor and is responsible for the welding of metal parts using specified wire welding processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Uses MIG welding to assemble fabricated metal products in an efficient manner to maximize production.
- Operates the equipment in a safe manner and reports hazards associated with the equipment or its operators to the Safety Coordinator and Maintenance Department.
- Produces strong penetrated welds that are smooth, non-porous, and consistent.
- Follows required procedures and uses appropriate jigs and fixtures to assist in the assembly process.
- Maintains/produces a level of output that will minimize production delays.
- Cleans and maintains an orderly work area.
- Communicates effectively with other workers to direct personal workflow.
- Assist other individuals in area when needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the welding process and equipment.
- Ability to weld vertical, flat, and overhead welds with a good penetration and a quality appearance.
- Ability to operate a plasma cutter and acetylene torches.
- Good communications skills relative to supervisor and other related departments.
- Math skills including fractions and angles.
- Ability to read tape measures and angle finders.
- Ability to read blueprint drawings and cut lists.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Physical ability to work and weld in awkward positions such as kneeling, lying down, and overhead.
- Ability to climb and work from elevation.
- May provide assistance to different lines on need basis.
- Team player; gets along with others.
- High school diploma or equivalent and minimum 3 years of experience.
- Ability to work in both hot/humid and cold environments.
- Ability to operate various shop tools including power and manually operated wrenches.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to follow written production records and validation protocols.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to read blueprints.
This job operates in a manufacturing environment which requires a thorough knowledge of the industry and understanding of the importance of safety.
All positions require that you successfully pass a drug screening test.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location