Estimated: $41,000 – $52,000 a year
- Oil & gas
- Pipe threading
Full Job Description
The fitter is responsible for cutting and fitting structural materials for welders to weld.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Aligns parts, using jack, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars and hammer.
- Marks reference points onto floor or face block and transposes them to workpiece using measuring devices, squares, chalk and soapstone.
- Gives directions to welder to build up low spots or short pieces with weld.
- Straightens warped or bent parts using sledge, hand torch, straightening press or bulldozer.
- Removes high spots and cuts bevels using hand files, portable grinders and cutting torch.
- Examines blueprints and plans sequence of operation, applying knowledge of geometry, effects of heat, weld shrinkage, machining and metal thickness.
- Tacks welds fitted parts together.
- Assembles and secure tubes, fittings and related equipment according to specifications by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering and threading joints.
- Puts all information on the pipe before cutting and transfer all item numbers onto cut sheet and carry over item numbers to drop pipe.
- Inspects, examines and tests installed systems and pipe lines using pressure gauges, hydrostatic testing, observation or other methods.
- Reads and understands blue prints and ISO’s.
- Works various schedules depending on project and client requirements.
- At least 3 years of structural fitting experience working in the Oil and Gas industry or in an industrial setting..
PES offers a competitive salary & benefits package.
Please email your resume/application to: [email protected] or mail/apply in person to PES Attn: HR 250 North American Ct. Houma, LA 70363. Applications can be downloaded and printed on the company website: www.pesllc.com