Description: About MDC
Since 1975, MDC has been making high-quality vacuum products and systems that enable science to change the world. We are only able to achieve our mission because of our talented and brilliant employees who are committed to delivering the exceptional quality, product excellence, and world-class customer that MDC has been recognized for over the past six decades.
MDC provides a wide range of competitive rewards and benefits to promote health, well-being, and financial security for our employees and their families including:
- Health & Wellness – Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance, and wellness plans
- Insurance Protection – Life and disability insurance are available for additional security and peace of mind – 100%
- Financial & Savings – Competitive compensation, performance bonuses flexible spending accounts (FSA) and comprehensive 401K retirement plans to compensate our employees for their contributions help them plan, invest and build financial security
- Paid Holidays & Vacations, Flexible Schedules – Paid time-off and flexible schedules to help our people relax, recharge and achieve work-life balance
- Employee Recognition Programs – Recognition and rewards for our valued team’s hard work, celebrations of professional and personal achievements and milestones
Come join us and be a part of the team!
Requirements: Function & Responsibility
Orbital Welding / Fabrication of custom chambers and/or components using customer-supplied drawings and/or blueprints while holding tolerances of +/-.010 and/or .5% angular.
Perform orbital welding of tubing and components
Set up and calibrates the power supply with the correct welding program.
Set up gas mixing equipment
Creates and logs weld coupons
Must be able to meet or exceed the requirement of the project through manual fabrication such as port alignment, scribing, cutting/copying, tacking, tuning, and welding while maintaining angular tolerance of +/- ½ %, focal lengths, and target points of +/- .010; closely collaborate with machinists throughout the manufacturing process for each phase of the project.
Must be familiar with metallurgy, primarily stainless steel.
Must know the proper weld settings for welding various materials along with filler rod selection.
Must have a solid knowledge of GD&T.
Must be able to produce vacuum-tight welds in hard-to-reach areas of chambers.
Ability and understanding of how to identify the proper order of operations (identifying the main datum point/sequence of hole penetration)
Ability to locate the ports in regards to the target point, angle, and/or focal length
Ability and understanding of how to set up and use target point fixtures
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to work with team members, and may provide leadership to lower level welders
- Ability to take direction from supervisor.
- Ability to meet or exceed job schedules.
- Must pay close attention to details on blueprints.
- Ability to follow work rules.
- Minimum Qualifications
Associates Degree or certification from a welding training program.
At least 7-10 years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $24.00 per hour