About the Job
Due to our expanding operations, we are looking for an experienced pipe welder, pipefitter, and/or millwright familiar with heavy industrial steam equipment, interested in utilizing their knowledge base to excel in the Power Boiler market. We provide training on the equipment we service and sell. Our technicians and mechanics are on a rotating call schedule and some overnight travel is required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs scheduled and un-scheduled service and repairs on commercial and industrial boilers and ancillary steam plant equipment.
· Works in various installation, repair, maintenance and service capacities; both individually and as part of a crew.
· Reads blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and technical manuals as applicable to new installations or assigned work orders.
· Regularly runs piping in both weld and thread pipe.
- Employee should be experienced in installing piping in a professional manner: plumb, level, and square
· Regularly welds using SMAW processes both vertical downhill and vertical uphill
· Performs physically demanding tasks related to installation and repair of boiler room systems, i.e. installing conduit and control wiring; rigging; refractory repair and other boiler room services.
· Performs preventive maintenance tasks according to established protocols
· Completes required documentation (i.e. work orders, purchase orders, etc.) for services performed
· Performs cleaning and maintenance of equipment, tools, materials, and vehicles utilized; ensures adherence to principles and practices of safe equipment use and operation.
· All other duties as assigned by management.
· Must be able to pass a 6G welding test with a WPS based on ASME IX within 90 days of employment.
- Any AWS certificates will be considered a plus but not required.
- Must learn and follow all quality control requirements in accordance with ASME, NBIC and API policy standards.
- Responsible for the monitoring, qualification and training of employees including standards, procedures, and work instructions.
- Must follow all verbal and written instructions conveyed by Quality Control Manager regarding CODE Welding.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and Clean Driving Record
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check & Drug Test
- Minimum 2 years of verifiable employment with a single company
- Above all, must be a team player with high level of dedication and desire to work.
· Must be able to stand/walk 10 to 90% of the work day; sit to perform normal office duties for the remainder of each work day
o occasional bending, squatting, ascending ladders/stairways, and occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds.
Extra Consideration will be made to candidates that have any of the following:
· Formal Training or developed skills in SMAW Welding
- Vertical Uphill and Vertical Downhill with a 6G qualifier
· OSHA 10 Safety Training
· Military Training in mechanical, electrical, electronics, or welding (especially USN MM or HT Ratings)
· Experience with Scotch Marine Boiler Service or Pressure Vessel Welding
· NBIC or ASME Pressure Vessel Welding Experience
Compensation & Benefits
Salary Range dependent upon experience but highly competitive. (We will pay top money for technicians at the top of their field). We offer an outstanding comprehensive benefit package that includes:
· 100% Paid Health Insurance for employee
· Vision and Dental Insurance
· 401K Retirement Plan
· Paid Vacation and Holidays
All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Driver’s License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location