Pipe Fitter / Plumber for mechanical pilot plant builds
BC Research Inc., BCRI (www.bcri.ca) is a privately-held Vancouver company specializing in developing innovative chemical processes from concept to commercialization. BC Research brings expertise across multiple industrial chemical sectors, with a proven record in the scale-up and design of novel chemical processes. BC Research is engaged in the clean tech sector, pulp and paper, oil and gas, mining and wastewater industries. BCRI is part of the NORAM group of companies, which provides an established, vertically-integrated platform for commercializing innovative technologies from their conceptual phase through pilot plant testing and full-scale industrial production. Located on Mitchell Island, BC Research Inc. partners with its parent company NORAM Engineering and Constructors Ltd. to support the continued development of innovative chemical processes through to the implementation of industrial scale chemical plants, and upgrades to existing pilot plants. The group of companies aims to further advance and refine industrial chemical processes both nationally and internationally.
BC Research, considered as an essential service during the covid-19 restrictions, is looking for a Pipe Fitter / Plumber with mechanical aptitude for installation and alteration to pilot plants builds. This is a full-time position Monday to Friday from 7 to 4
- Must have experienced working with CPVC, steel, stainless steel piping and tubing. Attaching pipes to fixtures, vessels, and tanks by means of clamps, brackets and/or threaded connections. Fit, install, modify piping spools and accurately. Fabricate install components and mechanical assemblies.
- Read and interpret drawings, diagrams, and bills of materials. Capable of resolving pipe and/or equipment issues during the assembly or design phase in a meaning full manner. Understand and build test stations with the use of AutoCAD model and P&ID drawings
- Experience operating equipment such as press drill, welder, milling machine, lathe, fork & scissor lift, and general trade tooling.
- Works well within a team environment, assisting one another and provide constructive feedback to designers and engineers.
- Observe and maintain company safety policies, willing to achieve first aid level 1 or 2
- Qualities for success as a pipefitter / plumber include critical thinking, mechanical knowledge, troubleshooting skills, and physical endurance
- Experience of pipe fitter/ plumber commercial / industrial.
- Ability to interpret written work procedures and instruction
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Strong understanding of safe work procedures
Success factors (beneficial, but not required)
- Red seal certification or equivalent experience in one of those trade: Welder, machinist, pipe fitter, millwright, or plumber.
- Good attitude working with others
- Self-starter works autonomous
- Ability to use or learn lathe, milling machine and CNC router operations.
Benefits and compensations
- Good working environment with variable and interesting work.
- Company tools provided.
- Free parking
- Active social committee with ~monthly “treat-days” etc.
- Salary: $35.00-$38.00 per hour depending on the experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, BC V6V 1M8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- pipefitting: 3 years (preferred)