Responsible to perform welds on grooves or fillets of steel plate and steel pipes by using welding processes such as Shield Metal Arc Welding(SMAW), Flux Core Arc Welding(FCAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG), and on Flat, Horizontal, Vertical, Overhead, 5G and 6GR positions as required by design.
- Pass test and have experience in 5G/6GR positions.
- Competent in welding process shield metal arc (SMAW), flux core arc (FCAW), submerged arc (SAW), Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG),etc. Depending on application required.
- High ability to understand and interpret complex construction and sub assembly drawings regarding welding symbols, edge preparation, etc.
- Understand quality criteria for acceptable work per WPS and for applicable standards.
- Knowledge in applying preparatory conditions prior to welding, preheat work, control process conditions, temperature, etc.
Tools use Competencies
- Operate and adjust parameters of welding equipment per applicable WPS.
- Use heating torches and temperature sticks per WPS, etc.
- Utilize gouging tools and practices to remove back welds or joints deemed unacceptable quality wise.
- Operate overhead cranes and lifting equipment to move or position material.
- Operate portable grinders, chippers, power wire brush, other tools or equipment specific for the operation.
- Ability to fit subassembly level components, at least Fitter III level (brackets, supports, simple sub assemblies).
- For external hire internal training will be provided for qualifications at FIII level.
- Responsible for its own work quality wise, both fitting and welding, including inspection.
- Understand and follow HSE specific safety rules for the intended application.
- Contribute fully to the team effort to maintain 5S, workstation cleanliness organization.
- Work in a mixed team concept and perform other duties as assigned:
– Primary job is welding, others as assigned.
– Secondary assignments, Installation of outfitting items such as:
– Piping & Piping supports installation.
– Cable Trays, supports, pulling cable, etc
– Basic scaffold installation.
– Secondary assignments will be performed only under supervision, and basic training will be provided before hand.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
MUST WEAR FACE MASK.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brownsville, TX 78521: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- TIG welding: 4 years (Required)
- Flux welding: 4 years (Required)
- Stick welding: 4 years (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location