Field and Forest Machinery Ltd are a recognised dealer of choice for forestry equipment and excavator attachments with a customer base stretching the length of the UK.
Due to a continued busy period throughout Covid and recently acquiring new premises in the heart of East Mains Industrial Estate, Broxburn EH52 5AD an opportunity has arisen for a Mechanic / Fabricator to join the business.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director and working within a small motivated team, candidates will ideally have:
· Have a background in repairing and maintaining agricultural, forestry or plant machinery.
· Have a good understanding of hydraulics and auto electrics.
· Be comfortable in a customer facing roll delivering and installing machinery.
· Be able to weld to a high standard.
· Experience with CNC profiling table advantageous but not essential.
· Possess good spoken and written communication skills and be able to build strong working relationships at all levels.
· Possess good IT skills with a basic understanding of CAD packages.
· Be practical, highly motivated and quick thinking with a proactive can do approach.
· Be comfortable towing trailers and demonstrating products to potential customers.
· Have efficient time management and flexibility to get the job done.
Expectations will include:
· Attending trade shows and demo days across the U.K.
· Occasional UK wide travel and ad hoc nights away from home.
· Delivering, installing, demonstrating equipment and preparing machines for sale.
· Welding for general fabrication and repair.
A background in the forestry industry, construction or machinery would be a distinct advantage, if you feel you have the skills and experience please contact us to discuss.
Applicants should send a CV along with remuneration expectations. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
Application Deadline: 22/01/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
- time served : 3 years (Preferred)