looking for a time served Plater Fabricator to manufacture foundation drilling tools for the construction industry. They work with various thicknesses of metal plate ranging from 10mm to 50mm and, due to the extreme weight of some of the larger plates, they often need to use:
– Cranes and hoists
– Use of fork lift trucks
The completed plates / tubes / rollings are then welded together to complete the finished product.
The work of a plater/fabricator will involve:
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Measuring and marking out plates and sections for cutting, shaping and drilling.
- Operating welding machines and burning equipment.
- Cutting slots in metal and drilling
- Using presses machines to form and shape plates and sections.
- Guiding cranes / fork lifts and hoists for moving and assembling plates.
- Tacking welding fabricated parts together.
Reference ID: Assembly
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £11.46 per hour
Office & workshop follow all the COV-19 guidelines
- Fabricating: 5 years (Preferred)