Special Alloy Fabricators (SAF) is a custom manufacturer of industrial valves and related products. Located in Delta, SAF has a rich history and is dedicated to future growth. We are always looking for pressure welders/fabricators to be a part of our growing team. This is a great opportunity to join a small company with a hardworking team.
By accepting a position at SAF, you can expect:
An exciting, challenging and permanent position with opportunity for advancement.
To be a contributing member of the team. SAF employees are encouraged to go above and beyond, positively impacting the company and affecting change for growth and development.
High standards. SAF produces superior products, delivered on time and with excellence at every stage.
A safe and clean work environment. SAF takes pride in its clean and organized manufacturing facility and places the utmost importance on personal safety, as well as treating our customers, vendors and each other with respect.
A wonderful place to work. We enjoy being here and we like to have fun! With health benefits!
Description of Position and Responsibilities
We have an immediate job opening for a Welder / Fabricator with experience/tickets in Welding or Steel Fabrication (apprenticeship is available). This is a diversified role, meaning the successful candidate will be a team-player willing to step in and help wherever necessary. We need a proactive worker with a positive attitude.
Responsibilities may include any or all the following:
- Welding of structural & plate fabrications in steel and stainless-steel materials
- Structural plates fabrication from steel and stainless-steel materials
- Work with a diversity of products, metals, designs and components
- Operation of forklifts and overhead cranes
- To work safely with others in a production shop environment
- Fitting experience considered an asset
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
- Ability to stay calm, ‘roll with the punches’ and adapt to frequent changes and roadblocks.
- Working independently, proactively and being able to prioritize accordingly.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with team members, clients and vendors.
- Journeyman Steel Fabricator and/or A Class Welding ticket (preferred) (Compensation may vary relevant to tickets/experience)
- Class A pressure welder certificate of qualification is considered an asset.
- Ability to accurately read detailed construction/machining shop drawings
- Understand quality control procedures used during fabrication
- Ability to work with minimum supervision once trained
- Have own tools
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- pressure welding: 2 years (preferred)
- class A pressure welder (certificate of qualification.) (preferred)