Production MIG Welder (climate controlled facility). Entry level wage- $18/hour! Higher wages based on experience.
Morton Industries, a world class tubular manufacturer, is hiring for welders! Welders start at $18/hr with higher wages based upon experience. Want to progress in the company? Morton offers room for advancement as 60% of our workforce gets promoted within their first 2 years of employment.
Please click on the link below to watch a short video to see why you should join the MI Family!
Low Insurance Premiums on Medical, Dental, and Vision
Short Term and Long Term Disability
Hospital, Critical Illness, and Accident Coverages
Paid Time Off
Company Paid Life Insurance
All this along the opportunity to work for a growing company who cares about their team members.
Assembles a variety of subassemblies by tack or finish weld using GTAW or GMAW processes. Uses hand and power tools. Interprets prints to select assembly method and erection procedures. Uses standard inspection procedures to ensure conformity to print specifications. Communicates with other departments to ensure proper shipment and recordkeeping is accomplished.
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
Reviews and maintains production schedule, expedite list and/or work orders.
- Welds metal parts together using MIG welding process and any combination of arc welding processes according to a customer or company print.
- Studies print, process sheet, or layout on work piece to determine assembly required, and assembly sequence of operation.
- Check dimensions of component parts for assure print conformance by use of layout, and/or any required inspection equipment.
- Lays out reference lines and machining locations on work piece, according to print.
- Operates various power tools.
- Uses Bluco or layout table to perform fixture or small lot size assembly work.
- Manipulates parts to correct dimensions by heating, clamping, or restraining.
- Complete assembly as required, by welding, gas brazing or other methods.
- Process completed orders for shipment.
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Morton Industries, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
High School or better.
Some college or better.
Technical/other training or better.
Job Type: Full-time