Production Welders (GMAW)
Northside Industries Inc. (NSI)
West Kelowna, BC
Opportunities for Welders of ALL levels to Join our Growing Team
Competitive Wage + Retention Bonus of $500 + Shift Premium + Much More
Whether you are looking to start your welding career or have extensive experience and are looking for a change, we’ve got roles for you!
Northside Industries, an industry leader in the manufacturing and assembly of a variety of steel and aluminum fabrications for the Oil and Gas, Forestry, Heavy Duty Truck, and Mining sectors, is looking for multiple permanent, full-time welders to join our team in West Kelowna, BC.
Northside Industries has been serving their customers a wide variety of products for over 50 years, providing only the highest level of workmanship and service to exceed customers’ expecatations. Northside Industries has an industry-leading mentality of training and developing our coworkers, allowing us to grow our team members, and frequently promote within our company.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wages reviewed after completion of probationary period and annually.
- Steady full-time employment.
- Significant training, certification and growth opportunities in Welding.
- Employee Share Purchase Program.
- Extended Healthcare.
- On site parking.
- Overtime pay.
- RRSP matching.
- Annual Safety allowance.
- Initial safety loan forgivable after probation.
- Signing bonus (limited time offer).
- Afternoon and Evening Shift premiums.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Weekends off.
- And much more.
- GMAW Welding of a variety of steel products in a safe and efficient manner
- Following both customer and internal prints to ensure parts meet quality expectations
- Welder setup for differing material thicknesses and weld-callouts
- Safe and efficient use of supportive tools such as grinders, jigs/fixtures etc.
- Interpret weld prints to ensure parts meet all dimensional requirements
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of 1 year experience carrying out GMAW welding on a production line is preferred
- Proven skills to interpret and understand technical drawings including tolerances
- Experience using hand tools.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Ability to work in a safe, responsible, and efficient manner.
- High attention to detail
- Proven team player
- Strong work ethic
- Familiar with testing and measuring equipment.
- Level C certification is an asset. Current CWB tickets are an asset.
NSI holds quality and welding certification through ISO 9001:2015 and CWB respectively.
How to Apply:
Please apply through Indeed.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00-$29.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Retention bonus
- What do you look for in an employer?
- Why are you leaving your current employer?
- If offered a position, how soon would you be able to start?
- What is your wage expectations for this position (numerical answer required)?
- interpreting and understanding technical drawing: 1 year (preferred)
- GMAW Welding: 1 year (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)