Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other material by applying appropriate welding techniques. Interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding process. Inspects completed welds to determine structural soundness.
Recommend 2-5 years of experience in the welding and fabrication field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the metal fabrication field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision of Welding Lead; reports to Production Manager.
- Process orders received from Welding Leads and or Welding Supervisor and completes welding and fabrication of parts or whole units.
- Assure order meets specification from a welding and fabrication perspective.
- Coordinates with small parts and welding helpers to develop order
- Once order is complete notify the identified welding helper for transfer of unit to next step of grinding welds and drilling of all holes necessary prior to inspection and transfer of unit to paint.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Ability to read measurements and determine square.
- Responsible for placement of all documentation being placed into traveler. Documentation includes any modifications and missing parts.
- Other duties as required
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship OR previous work experience in MIG Welding process
- Physical Demands
- Must be able to weld components that are vertical or flat
- Must have enough manual dexterity and stability as required for precision work.
- Must be able to see details at close range.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse facilities and machinery by climbing, balancing, lifting, walking, stooping, and carrying materials.
- Must wear PPE, such as gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and ear protection, while working on the production floor
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $19.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- MIG Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible