Precision Metals is excited to have the opportunity to hire some of the best talent in BC.
- A casual work environment
- Free onsite parking, and we are located near transit
- We value all of our employee’s input
- We offer a work life balance by only being open Mon – Fri – operating hours are 7:30 – 4pm
- and much more.
Who you are:
- a machine operator, preferably in sheet metal, with AutoCad experience
- ability and desire to learn new processes and move your career forward
- Not afraid of a little heavy work (lift/move up to 50 lbs)
- forklift experience is an asset
- available for all our open hours
What a typical day might look like:
- Keeping your areas clean and safe
- working with our current autoCad person and learn our systems
- Work on the production line using hand eye coordination and speed (all comes with time
- Consistent communication and feedback with your team
What we are looking for:
- Must be physically able to perform job duties
- Forklift is an asset, though we can train or recertify
- Ability to learn new processes and machine use
- Must be reliable
- Must be available during all open hours.
- Previous machine experience is considered an asset
Why Should You Apply?
If you are interested in joining a real team environment with family values, this is the role for you.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR INPERSON INTERVIEWS AND LEGALLY ALLOWED TO WORK IN CANADA.
If you are interested in this exciting position, please review our website at www.precisionmetals.ca to find out more about our organization. Then, if you feel that this is the right opportunity for you, please submit a cover letter and resume, outlining why you feel you are an excellent fit for this role.
This is a fulltime permanent position starting at $20.00/hr and will depend on experience. Benefits are available after probation.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however only candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment: We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff offering inclusive learning opportunities and on the job training. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex. Sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or based on an individual’s status in group or class protected by applicable Federal or Provincial law. We encourage applications from all interested persons.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
We follow all WorkSafeBC and PHA protocols as required.
- AutoCad: 1 year (required)
- machine operation: 2 years (preferred)
- Forklift Licence (preferred)
- level 1 First Aid (preferred)