PTA (Plasma Transfer Arc) Welder
Rival Downhole Tools a leading supplier of oilfield downhole tools and equipment has immediate openings for PTA welders.
Roles and Responsibilities
Ability to operate programmable PTA welder.
Ability to perform standard welding procedures Stick, MIG, TIG (stainless), welding on company and customer parts.
- Operate oxy fuel torches, general welding hand tools, angle grinder, oven, operating cylindrical grinders ID and OD and asset.
Ability to operate quality assurance measurement instruments: calipers and micrometers.
- Read engineering drawings to weld or grind to specifications
- Work all safety policies and PPE requirements
- Follow standardized processes
· Technical Degree or 2-year minimum experience operating PTA (Plasma Transfer Arc) welder. Ability to perform standard welding procedures Stick, MIG, TIG (stainless), MIG, TIG (stainless), stick welding in manufacturing environment.
- English comprehension: Ability to read, write and communicate
- Ability to handle light and average weight parts.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to listen and learn from instructions, cooperate, and participate in the department’s training program
- Must be able to perform duties for 8–10-hour shift with flexibility to assignment changes needed to fulfill production needs.
- Must pass fit for duty health screening for this type of work
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a group
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX 77041: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location