Position in Organization and Reporting Relationship
The Fabrication Division QC position is responsible for the quality control of all projects completed in the Fabrication Division. He/she will ensure that all outgoing product undergoes the established quality control checks and conforms to customer specifications. The QC position reports directly to the Quality Assurance lead.
1. To maintain quality standards by, in process production, factory acceptance verifications and quality turnover documentation.
2. Implementing any required Inspection Test Plan and ensuring that all hold points are addressed in a timely manner.
3. Responsible for ongoing development and continuous improvement of MacGregors QC process.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
1. Verify incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests and rejecting and returning unacceptable material.
2. Monitoring the daily work flow by verifying steps of the production process, observing control points
3. Approves production processes by confirming specifications; conducting visual tests and measurement tests.
4. Document inspection results by completing reports and logs as required as well summarizing rework and material waste.
5. Identify any occurrence of NCR’s and assist in the creation, tracking and closing of NCR’s (Non-Conformance reports) to aid the tracking of material wastes and rework.
6. Inform Production of any nonconformity
7. Approves finished product by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests, returning products for rework, confirming rework and confirming quantities.
8. Consistently monitor and modify MacGregors ITP (Inspection Test Plan) and ITP Project Log to ensure all projects are controlled as per MacGregors Quality Standards.
9. Maintain MacGregor’s expected Quality standard by observing organization standards and assisting to correct recognized deficiencies within the process control points.
10. Verify and document the conformance of all outgoing shipments by conducting visual tests, quantity counts and customer required documentation.
- Work in a manner that is consistent with the organizations stated values.
- Develop productive working relationships with other key personnel.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Look for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Understand, promote, and use the current ISO system.
- Familiar with CWB standards.
- Familiar with specialty coatings and materials required for use in the machining field.
- Available to work 40+ hours per week.
Key Skills, Capabilities and Experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints with a high degree of competence
- Ability to interact with employees in a meaningful and professional manner
- At least five years of QA/QC experience.
- Ability to analyze and identify non-conformances and recognize root causes
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Glasgow, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Welding: 1 year (preferred)