WELDER (QUARRY SITE)- AFTERNOON SHIFT
We are currently looking for an experienced Welder to join our team at our quarry on Sumas Mountain. Employees are required to have access to a vehicle and a current driver’s license.
Why work for Mainland?
- Company longevity
- Commitment to health and safety
- Hands-on technical experience,
- Sponsorship for union training up to a red-seal level
- Apprenticeship Top-up and retention bonus
- Referral bonus
- Weekly pay
- In-house training and development opportunities into supervisory, management and estimating roles.
This is a great opportunity for a professional and experienced welder who preferably has experience working on a quarry site.
Safety is the Core Value at Mainland and the individual will make Safety the #1 priority in the execution of all work activities. The qualified candidate will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision.
- Ability to work afternoon shift (2pm start)
- completion of Red Seal welding designation
- Must have 2+ years’ experience in a quarry environment
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
Day to day activities include:
Repair equipment and other industrial machinery, such as conveying systems, production machinery, screens, motors, and crushers
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
If you are serious about safety, enjoy a team atmosphere and take pride in your work and the people you work for, then send us your application and we will be happy to meet with you.
Please note that due to travel between worksites, this position requires a driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Vision Care
- Quarry: 1 year (Preferred)
- welding: 2 years (Preferred)
- Abbotsford, BC (Preferred)