Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we’re committed to attracting and retaining top talent.
Responsible for the entire sequence of cutting and welding operations for a wide variety of repair and fabrication work. Aligns and welds components of metal tools, wires, fixtures and other metal products. May utilize different types of welding systems for different tasks. Maintains a safe work area and may train apprentices in the trade.
Procor Limited manages Canada’s largest private tank car lease fleet and operates an extensive repair network across the country. Our fleet has grown to include more than 31,000 special purpose tank and freight cars. Procor also operates 27 repair locations servicing the petroleum, petrochemicals, plastics, chemicals, fertilizers and food markets.
We have exciting opportunities for reliable Rail Car Mechanical Repair / Welders at our Lethbridge, Alberta location. This opportunity is perfect for someone with experience looking for a stable position in an organization that offers advancement.
Principal duties in this position are car repairs including but not limited to:
- Car repairs involving cutting and welding (SMAW) on the rail body, including tank and/or hopper, and other car components
- Air Arc Gouging
- Confined space entry
- Light and medium-duty mechanical repairs to rail cars
- Working at heights
- Read, comprehend, and follow repair orders, procedures & blue prints
- Operate telehandler forklift
- Adhere to health and safety standards, including Responsible Care Policy
- Other related duties as assigned
This role requires the successful candidate to work the schedule of Monday to Friday, 8;00 AM to 4:30 PM, some weekend OT coverage and on occasion, road work away from home on an as needed basis. Please be advised that the schedule may change as business needs dictate.
- Previous railcar repair experience and knowledge of AAR standards an asset
- Able to perform all necessary repairs of railcars and their components
- Experience Torch Cutting and Stick Welding (SMAW) including the comprehension of welding and cutting equipment and to inspect for safe operation
- Must be able to pass an in-house weld test eg: 7018 2G, 3G, 4G & 5G and other weld as necessary
- Competent and safe use of hand tools and power equipment
- Perform and document quality control checks as required by Company quality standards.
- Must be able to read and understand written work orders and material safety data sheets.
- Must be able to work in an environment with continuous exposure to outdoor weather conditions with dust, fumes, and noise.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, and bend repeatedly, carry hand and power tools.
- Adhere to Procor’s health and safety standards (including the Responsible Care policy), and wear the required personal protective equipment for the job in a safe manner, including respirators (full and half face), hearing protection, eye protection, steel toed boots, and fall protection.
- Comfortable working at heights, in confined spaces, around machinery, and in conditions where there are loud noises and fumes
- The ability to work well independently as well as with a team
- Detail-oriented and committed to quality
- Completes tasks with a sense of urgency while delivering safe and accurate results
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to get to and from work
All applicants are required to complete and pass our full medical testing upon hire.
Procor Limited is an equal opportunity employer offering employees the opportunity to be a contributing member of a successful team as well as competitive wages and extensive benefit coverage:
- Group benefits including dental, vision, and insurance
- Generous pension and retirement savings plans
- Personal rebates for fitness, computers and education
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to the email mentioned as well as apply to the Marmon Careers posting below
We thank all applicants for their interest in Procor Limited, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete additional job-related screening processes as permitted or required by applicable law .