Summary of job:
The general purpose of this position is to repair railcars and maintenance of railcars. The candidate must be able to understand and read railcar estimates, make repairs in compliance with AAR & FRA rules and record all repairs done on car. Must ensure all company guidelines are met and all safety rules are followed when performing duties.
Duties and Responsibilities: Must be dependable and can arrive to work early mornings.
Essential duties and Responsibilities are listed below. Other duties may be assigned. Interpret work estimates to perform required repairs; provide accurate and timely repairs to our customers.
- Coordinate and complete repairs in an efficient manner and within time allotted on estimate.
- Must be willing to keep supervisor informed of any material needed to complete job. Must be willing to work well with team members and supervisor.
- Must follow all safety rules, keep work areas clean and free from slipping and tripping hazards
- Must ensure all AAR and SRS and customer quality standards are met
- Must comply with any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have the ability to read and write in English
- Will work in a hot and cold environment, work inside and outside weather on railcars
- Demonstrate basic mechanical skills, air and hand tools,
- Have to ability to establish work tasks and work independently to complete work
- Have the ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Have the ability to wear all PPE as required
- Must be able to climb on top of railcars and work underneath railcars.
Experience: Railcar repair experience preferred but not requiredSalary: Depends on experienceWork Schedule: Days M-F with some Saturdays required**
Benefits include group medical, dental, vision and group life. Voluntary benefits include STD, LTD, Voluntary life/ADD, and AFLAC. 401(k), Paid vacation and Holidays
Candidates will have to successfully pass a background check, pre-employment physical and drug/alcohol screen. We do participate in E-verify.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, TX 77905: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Drivers License (Required)
Work Location: One location