Canada Keli New Technology Development Ltd. is seeking a Journeyman Red Seal Rig Welder with 5+ years oilsands Projects and turnaround experience to join the team to support the Fort McMurray region. In this role, the successful candidate will be accountable for maintaining the highest level of professional risk management, identifying, troubleshooting and repair of plant equipment and driving safety culture. We are a team of dedicated professionals who take pride in the work we do, the exceptional customers we serve, this position is in the Fort McMurray, AB area on a client site and it is a 44 hrs per week and local to Fort McMurray.
- Interpreting welding process specifications.
- Fitting up and welding pressure piping and structural steel (shoes, supports, etc.).
- Reading and interpreting isometric drawings.
- Operating manual or semi-automatic welding equipment, flame and plasma cutting equipment, grinding equipment (angle grinder, die grinder, etc.).
- Perform general checks & maintenance to welding rig including cleaning, checking fluid levels, refueling as necessary.
- Performing other activities as directed by site supervisor
- Must have a valid welder trade credential recognized in the province of Alberta such as:
- Alberta Journeyman Certificate or Interprovincial Red Seal
- ABSA Alberta B Certificate
- Must pass a pre-employment weld test for:
- F3/F4 Carbon
- F5/F6 Stainless Steel
- Must complete client requirements for site access including safety training and alcohol and drug testing
- Proficient in pipe fabrication
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Climb heights and conduct work with proper safety restraints
- Lift heavy loads up to 50 lbs
- Strong manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination
- OSSA Fall Protection
- OSSA Confined Space
- H2S Alive
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40.00-$60.00 per hour
- Rig Welder: 3 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-03-23