Project Type: Shutdown/Turnaround
Project Location: Rainbow Lake, AB
Schedule: 12-14 hours per day, 5 Days straight minimum (could be extended based on scope) for critical outage work starting September 12th
Overtime: Overtime paid over 8 day/ 44 week
Accommodations: Camp OR Subsistence provided should you wish to arrange own accommodation
Travel Details: Travel allowance provided based on distance from site – lump sum for mobilization and de-mobilization days only
Are you looking for a small project before your next work assignment?
Jardeg has quietly existed as the construction industry’s best-kept secret for over 15 years. We’re the pros backing an elite group of companies who execute Graham’s large, complex construction and maintenance projects. With a significant presence in the Construction, Industrial Maintenance, and Turnaround sectors, Jardeg is the largest recruiter of skilled trades in Canada.
Jardeg is recruiting Rig Welder Journeypersons with B-Pressure for an upcoming Shutdown at Rainbow Lake, Alberta. This is a critical Outage and work must be performed prior to Sept 14th.
Strong Candidates will bring previous Shutdown/Turnaround experience in an Industrial setting.
Welders join or sever metals in beams, girders, vessels, piping and other metal components, make metal parts used in construction and manufacturing plants, and weld parts, tools, machines and equipment. Welders also build up worn parts by welding layers of high-strength hard-metal alloys onto them.
Rig Welder Journeypersons:
- Weld up to 30 inches (FDI) per day when material is available, some welds may be customized while others may be repetitive procedures to complete the work
- Use welding processes such as SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, GTAW, or SAW to weld pressure piping
- Read and understand Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS)
- Execute assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure the safety of the crew, equipment, and environment
- Perform physically demanding tasks
- Understand and follow Graham’s safety management system and core values
- Journeyperson Certificate of Completion in the Welding trade
- B-Pressure Certification from Alberta Boilers Safety Association (ABSA)
- Construction Safety Training System – 09 (CSTS-09)
- H2S Alive
- Standard First Aid (Optional)
If interested, please submit your Resume directly to this job posting. Thank you!
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- How many years of experience do you have working in an Industrial setting?
- Do you have experience at an oil & gas or energy site Shutdown/ Turnaround event?
- AB Journeyperson or Red Seal Certificate (preferred)
- B-Pressure Certification from ABSA (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-09-12