Project Duration: Permanent
Project Location: Fort Mackay, AB
Shift: Day or Night – 14/14 Rotation
Charter Flights: Fly-in/ Fly-out – from Calgary or Edmonton
$80/Day Incentive Program, $25/Day Retention Program and Temporary Travel Allowance is in effect for Senior CWB Mine Welder Journeypersons at Kearl.
Jardeg is recruiting Senior CWB Mine Welder Journeypersons to join the team supporting Imperial Oil Kearl Lake project near Fort Mackay, Alberta. Charter Flights and Camp provided.
Jardeg has quietly existed as the construction industry’s best-kept secret for over 15 years. We’re the pros backing an elite group of companies who execute Graham’s large, complex construction and maintenance projects. With a significant presence in the Industrial Maintenance and Turnaround sectors, we’re the largest recruiter of skilled trades in Canada.
Welders join or sever metals in beams, girders, vessels, piping and other metal components. Make metal parts used in construction and manufacturing plants, and weld parts, tools, machines and equipment.
Welders develop patterns for projects or follow directions given in layouts, blueprints and work orders, as well as clean, check for defects and shape component parts, sometimes using a cutting torch and welding parts together.
Senior Mine Welders:
- Experts in the fusing of metals using prescribed welding applications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the welding equipment involved with the various welding procedures.
- Comprehend drawings and develop layout patterns for projects.
- Calculate quantities of materials.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of metals, arc electrodes, welding gases and gas welding filler rods.
- Recognize defective welds; know the cause and proper procedure for the repair of the defective area.
- Demonstrate knowledge of mathematics calculations pertaining to the welding trade as well as the required codes.
- Perform assigned tasks in accordance with quality and production standards required by industry and be familiar with the work of other trades people in affiliated trades.
- Registered Welder Journeyperson or Red Seal Certification.
- CWB FCAW All Position welding ticket.
- Experience in heavy mine maintenance equipment.
- Experience in Ice Lugging and equipment repair.
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS-09 or 2020).
- First Aid – Standard Level A or C Certification.
- A&D and Mask Fit Test.
- Basic Rigging.
- Forklift Certification (Considered an asset).
- Aerial Work Platform (Considered an asset).
- Energy Safety Canada Certified Fall Protection (Considered an asset).
Job Types: Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out, Permanent
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Journeyperson Welder Certification (required)