W.R. Davis Engineering Ltd (Davis) is a dynamic mid-sized company specializing in the design of infrared (IR) signature solutions for both naval and aerospace platforms. Davis performs ground-up design, development and manufacturing at our Ottawa, Canada facility. More background available at www.davis-eng.com
Our production team consists of some of the best stainless, aluminum and inconel welders in the world and we are currently looking to expand. Are you interested in joining a team of metal working professionals providing industry leading technology to global customers? Are you bored with your current job and need a challenge? If so, we’d love to hear from you. We are currently looking for:
Experienced TIG Welder/Fabricator/Fitter (Stainless, Aluminum and Inconel)
- Perform TIG welding of stainless, aluminum and inconel
- Position, fit and assemble products according to drawings, prints etc.
- Work with tight tolerances
- Rig and manoeuvre large weldments
- 7 + years experience
- Extensive experience reading and interpreting production drawings
- Rigging experience
- Experience working within an ISO Quality Program
- Good communication, both verbal and written (English)
- Proven commitment to workplace safety
- Be able to obtain and maintain a Controlled Goods Clearance
- Basic knowledge of rigging techniques
- Proficient at operating shears, brakes, rolls, benders is considered an asset
- ASME or CWB Certification is considered an asset
What we offer:
- Exciting products and a great atmosphere.
- Centrally located with free parking.
- Shifts Mon-Fri 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM with possible overtime as needed.
- Clean, climate controlled facility
- Top industry wages based on experience & qualifications
- Comprehensive benefits program and DPSP matching
- Skills development, training and advancement opportunities
- Secure industry
- Safety Boot Allowance
- Employee referral bonuses
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Manufacturing : 3 years (Preferred)
- TIG Welding: 3 years (Preferred)