Aspen thrives on taking on the biggest heavy haul design and manufacturing challenges in North America. Ready to roll where others fear to tread, the Aspen approach is built on a foundation of tenacity, perseverance, and unwavering determination – just like the people who use them. Aspen is a growing business looking for people with energy, drive and passion to contribute to our team.
Responsible for joining, making and welding metal components. Completes jobs on time and on target by ensuring schedule is followed, maximizing the potential of direct reports, and minimizing wastes in day-to-day operations.
- Ability to use welding and fabrication tools.
- Read and interpret blueprints and diagrams.
- Quality assurance and control.
- Ensures effective equipment maintenance, safety and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Build and maintain a healthy and safe work environment.
- Ensure that the overhead crane is used in a safe manner. Crane certification
- Weld parts as indicated on blueprints
- Must be able to work in awkward positions
- Develop and maintain a regular cleaning schedule to ensure the shop is kept tidy and well organized upon completion of work assignments
- Ensure racking is kept in an order that work orders are easily accessible
- Attend toolbox meeting prior to shift
Attributes and Skills
- Good communication with co-workers in a collaborative team environment
- Able to work autonomously and uses good decision-making practices
- Organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Quality Management
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Manual dexterity
- Good vision (glasses are acceptable)
- Eye-hand coordination
- Strong attention to detail
- Journeyman certification required.
- Crane certification an asset but training can be supplied.
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Must be quick to learn new skills
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs – fitness test required
- Standing on your feet for a long period of time
- Have good eye to hand coordination
- Be able to bend, crouch and kneel for extended periods
- Ability to wear personal protective gear most of the day
- Casual work clothes that meet safety requirements (Coveralls provided), PPE required (Steel Toe Boots, Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection)
- Days – Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Competitive Wages
- Extended Health Care & Dental Benefits
- AD&D, Life and STD Disability Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Company supplied PPE equipment
- Great work life balance
- Safety Boot Allowance
- Year-round work
- Weekend and Over time work available
- Stable career
- Family environment and company culture
Apply now to join North America’s premier supplier of heavy haul transportation equipment! Aspen Custom Trailers is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company poised for significant ongoing growth. Thank you for your interest in Aspen Custom Trailers. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. If you would like to know more about Aspen, please visit www.aspentrailer.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $33.00-$39.00 per hour