In business since 2004, Escape Fire Protection Ltd. is a well-established sprinkler-system contractor with long-term high-profile projects throughout the lower mainland. Being one of the most sought-after installation companies in the Lower Mainland, we are looking to add to our team!
We are looking to bring on a Shop Wedler & Labourer for full-time employment to join our in-house fabrication team. With so much work on the horizon, we would like to grow the team. The ideal candidate has completed a foundations Welding course, would be comfortable working with their hands, is task-oriented and likes to keep busy!
- MIG weld various outlet fittings to different sizes of pipes.
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using levels and other measuring devices
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to detect (and correct) potential flaws.
- Test outlets to ensure no leaks on site.
- Inspect inside outlets to ensure holes have full flow
- Assist in preparing completed welds for shipment to sites.
- Work efficiently to meet project-completion timelines on assigned welds.
- Drive the shop forklift to load and unload trucks.
- Cut holes in pipe through the use of a plasma cutter.
- Cut and groove sprinkler piping for projects.
- Layout, prep, and cutting of pipe, as per assigned sheets.
- Material stocking, inventory & organization.
- Conduct/assist with delivering materials (company vehicle provided)
- Cutting, threading and grooving of steel sprinkler pipe
- Layout of required welds for each job
- Forklift operation
- Loading & unloading pipe and fittings on trucks.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures set by Escape Fire Protection.
- Maintain and operate equipment in a way that does not compromise safety.
- Assembly of zone stations.
- General shop duties and other duties as assigned.
Reasons to Join
- Extended health & dental benefits
- Competitive compensation packages
- Room for growth & development within the company
- Welding/fabrication certification
- Must be able to follow work instructions with attention to detail.
- Ability to use hand tools and have good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- Adhere to EFP’s Quality Control Manual and procedures
- Ability to use hand tools in a safe manner
- Has good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- Ability to comfortably lift 50lbs
- Comfortable standing and moving for extended periods of time
- Bending, lifting, pushing, crouching
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.00-$25.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Have you completed (or are in the process of completing) the Level C / Foundations Welding program?
- Do you have a valid driver’s license AND a clear driver’s abstract?
Work Location: One location