SHOP / PRODUCTION MANAGER
LifeTec Construction Group is a new company on the leading edge of the construction industry, using the world’s most advanced end-to-end cold-formed steel (CFS) building design and construction technology. We are the first organization in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest to introduce FRAMECAD’s proprietary steel framing technology. By applying the world’s most advanced steel printing software and CNC machinery, we render, print and assemble light gauge steel structures in ¼ of the time when compared to traditional framing methods. We pre-assemble our panels in our factory and install steel wall panels, floor joists, and roof trusses, which is where you come in.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position is very important to our organization. It needs a quick-minded, bright and energetic individual, capable of working semi-autonomously while reporting to the General Manager, with a commitment to integrity, honesty and forthrightness in all dealings and with a genuine passion for shop management.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Managing the production of all prefabricated Light Gauge Steel products built, assembled and constructed in the pre-fabrication facility for effective and successful installation of our projects. Products vary from commercial buildings, residential buildings, low rise condominiums etc.
- Manage production of steel stud-line, accessory line, slitting line and overall all matters related to the production environment.
- Schedule work production and manpower in collaboration with management teams (Collaboratively work with members of project team (GM, estimators, detailers, project managers, site super, etc) to ensure deliverables.
- Follow, study, and when necessary implement latest industry innovations in pre-fabrication.
- Lead the process in hiring, training and supervising employees while promoting an environment of continuous improvement. Including conducting annual performance reviews and ongoing coaching and mentoring.
- Develop and schedule maintenance programs for all machines, tools and equipment.
- Prepare shop budget, control inventory, tools and all required materials, plan materials and resources as required.
- Ensure all employees are trained and follow safety guidelines, company policies and safe working procedure.
- Manage shipping logistics including truck ordering, loading, shipping manifest etc.
- Communicate regularly / openly and meet weekly with project and senior manager team.
- Completion of High School or GED along with post-secondary education
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience and an ability to read and interpret blue- print drawings will be expected.
- Light gauge steel work experience would be a definite asset.
- In addition, you will be required to have valid certification in WHMIS, Fall Protection, First Aid Level 2 and Forklift.
- Personally, you are detailed, accurate, organized and disciplined in your approach and delivery and mechanically inclined and willing to assist as required.
- Intermediate MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is a must.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $85,596.00-$100,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Morning shift
Work Location: One location