B Pressure by hand Shop Welder
McSween Custom Fabricating, Erecting, Welding Ltd. Is a Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada, based multi-discipline industrial fabrication and construction company that has been serving the industrial plant community since 1980. Our expertise covers a broad range of industries, which include Petrochemical, Fertilizer, Cement, Mining, Oil & Gas, Pharmaceutical, Heavy Industrial, Light Industrial, and Power Generation.
McSween is currently seeking exceptional Journeyman Welders to join our team.
Location: Sturgeon County, AB
- Interpret welding process specifications.
- Weld pressure – Equipment, Structural, & Tanks
- Structural Fitting & Pressure Vessel Experience is an asset
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Prepare jigs or set-ups for welding.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Operate Oxygen arc cutting equipment (arc-air), (AOC)
- Operate hoisting and lifting equipment.
- Promote and adhere to McSween Custom Fabricating Safety Management System
- Interprovincial (Red Seal) Journeyman Welder Ticket or an Alberta recognized
- Journeyman Welder ticket
- 5+ years of experience
- B – Pressure Certification
- CWB – GMAW, FCAW, & SMAW is a MUST
- Understands English, speaks average to excellent English, average to excellent English reading.
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings speciﬁcations, manuals and processes.
- Positive, outgoing, motivated, and hardworking individual.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation – we may require a driver abstract.
- Understands and demonstrates the willingness to promote McSween Custom Fabricating vision and values.
- A desire to build strong professional relationships.
Safety Tickets Required:
- Fall Protection
- WHIMIS 2015
Please make sure all safety tickets are up to date. Any additional safety tickets are a bonus.
What McSween offers:
- Competitive wages (based on performance, experience, and qualifications)
- Bi-weekly Pay periods
- Benefits (after probationary period)
HOW TO APPLY:
PLEASE ONLY SEND IN A RESUME AS WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANY PHONE CALLS DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS.
Please respond to this ad with a copy of your resume or visit us at www.mcsweenfab.com
Only those candidates chosen to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in McSween Custom Fabricating!
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible language requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sturgeon County, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are all your Safety Tickets currently Valid?
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- Welding: 5 years (required)
- CWB SMAW (required)
- CWB FCAW (required)
- CWB GMAW (required)