Fugue Lauman is currently seeking short arc structural welders with experience using Mig 0.30 hard wire and ATLEAST 5 years shipyard experience for potentially long term work in LOCKPORT, LA.
Per diem is offered at $100 per working day for candidates that primarily reside at least 70 miles from the location of the job, proof may be required.
Housing option available at $100 weekly.
All work is in a shop or covered- as climate controlled as possible- so no chance of rainouts.
Guaranteed a minimum of 55 hours per week.
Paid every Friday!
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Minimum of 7 Years experience with at least 5 in a shipyard.
- Must be able to work all shifts and days required by the client.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation to and from jobsite.
- Must successfully demonstrate the ability to pass the hands on test or written test if required by the contract to obtain employment.
- Must have required PPE prior to and during testing. Steel toe boots, hard hat, safety glasses or prescription glasses with side shields, welding shield that connects to hard hat, proper clothing, etc..
- Must be able to pass a drug test, complete the required OSHA medical clearance and respirator fit test if required prior to reporting to work.
- Must be able to verify ability to legally work in the US.
Fugue Lauman partners with E-Verify and Homeland Security for Employment Verification.
Fugue Lauman is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Overnight shift
- Weekend availability
- Shipyard: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location