** This posting is for a position located in Onoway, Alberta. You must be willing to commute and have reliable transportation to be considered.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Displays a commitment to Academy’s safety program, values, and culture;
- Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW);
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment;
- Read and understand engineered drawings, plans, and blueprints;
- Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and blueprints.
- Attend daily toolbox meetings;
- Properly and consistently follow established procedures;
- Wear the appropriate protective equipment at all times;
- Maintains good housekeeping in work area;
- Report personal injuries, no matter how minor, and obtain medical attention as required;
- Consistently follow and encourage shop rules;
- Willing to work overtime when needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- High School diploma/GED required;
- Journeyman Fitter Ticket;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver abstract (less than 30 days)
- 6+ years of experience working in a Fabrication Shop;
- An extremely strong background in pipe fabrication;
- English Language Fluency is required;
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule;
- The ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels;
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs and be physically able to complete fabrication shop Labour.
· CSTS – 09
The incumbent is required to work in the fabrication shop with moderate noise and numerous hazardous fumes.
The incumbent is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: viewing weld specifications for extended periods of time; and extensive reading. The incumbent is also required to stand and sit for extended periods of time and will require good physical attributes for walking on uneven ground, climbing, confined space entry, limited lifting, and sitting.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care