· Manage large projects with minimal supervision.
· Interpret engineered drawings to fabricate a variety of custom steel and metal structures.
· Fabricating large structures.
· Working safely with all standard tooling and machinery in the fabrication industry.
· Possess a high standard of quality and be able to fit to tight tolerances.
· Must be able to work effectively and efficiently.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Read and interpret blueprints, drawing specifications, structural drawings and welding symbols.
· Possess a high standard of quality in workmanship.
· Work effectively and efficiently.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· CWB Certification (SMAW, GMAW) and/or Trade Certification.
· Minimum 3 years welding/fitting experience.
· Set up and Perform SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, air carbon arc gouging etc.
· Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the structural steel Industry.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Practice safe work procedures and follow all health & safety regulations.
· Certified Forklift/Crane Operator would be an asset.
Expected start date: 2021-02-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.00-$28.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place