Are you a team player looking to join a dynamic growing team?
Enjoy challenging assignments that require you to utilize your talents and skills as a Structural Steel Welder.
Telco Steel Works is looking for excellent team players to join our growing business in the fabrication of steel structures for the Ontario market.
With over 29 years in business, Telco has become a leader in the steel fabrication and erection of buildings throughout the Ontario market.
Joins us at our 50,000sqft automated metal fabrication and material handling facility, located within easy access to the 401 and highway 6 north in Guelph, providing an ideal location for commuters and local employees.
Employee testimony – why work at Telco Steel Works:
· Steady income
· Career advancement
· Team environment
· Radiant floor heating
· Challenging work
· Great work hours
· Management support
What Telco Steel Works offers:
· Competitive wages
· Attendance Recognition Incentive
· Benefit program
· RRSP program
· Read and interpret welding symbols.
· Mig Welding
· Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
· Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
· Weld components to main pcs member using Welder as per welding symbols or engineering drawing.
· Move material either by manual or mechanical (overhead crane) means as required and as necessary.
· Move material from fitting station to welding station, loading area or paint bay as required using manual or mechanical (overhead crane) means as required.
· Utilize flame cutting equipment (torches) and grinders as required to finish work.
· Rig, hoist and move materials to storage areas or within worksite.
· Maintain the area in a neat and tidy manner; i.e. practice good housekeeping.
· Work in a safe and appropriate manner in accordance with the Telco Steel Works Ltd. approve Health & Safety Policy.
· Lift a maximum of 50lbs a height of 30in. (22kg/75cm)
· Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
· Knowledge in related welding processes and safety standards
· Attention to detail
Potential Safety Hazards:
· Compressed Gases: Propane, Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide.
· Ergonomic: Standing for prolonged periods of time, bending, lifting
· Physical: Noise, light (welding arcs), material handling.
· Other: Electrical shock, flying particles from grinding, burns, welding
· Personal Protective Equipment (in accordance with TSWL OH&S Policy):
· Required: Safety boots (CSA approved) with integrated metatarsal guard, CSA approved safety glasses, 3M-8210 dust mask, approved welding shield visor, hearing protection Recommended; 3M-8214 welding respirator, welding gloves.
· Journeyman certificate as well welder, fabricator, boilermaker, plater or closely related trade OR
· A Canadian Welding Bureau ticket OR
· Another certification in welding and or fabrication (Telco will decide which certification they will accept)
- Team player willing to contribute to process improvements and business growth.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$24.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- Structural Steel Welding: 4 years (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place