The Weld Shop Supervisor will successfully lead their team to complete projects, monitor the progress of the shop and products, and ensure the safety of all workers. The Weld Shop Supervisor requires extensive welding experience and knowledge and a careful eye for detail.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Work safely with team and enforce safety policies and procedures.
· Oversee and lead welding team.
· Help retain employees by keeping them motivated and engaged.
· Analyze work orders and drawings to determine need for supplies and sequence of operations required.
· Verify quality of welds.
· Inspect finished product to ensure it is built according to specifications.
· Troubleshoot welding equipment issues.
· Monitor project progress and communicate any variations from plan.
· Provide training for new welders.
· Assist in recruitment process by completing weld tests.
· Regularly recommend and implement improvement ideas.
· Keep shop clean and organized.
· Meet weekly benchmarks.
· Complete production reports.
· Excellent leadership skills, with successful leadership experience.
· Excellent comprehension of technical drawings and other visual instructions.
· Excellent oral and written communication.
· Maintain positive attitude to ensure positive work environment.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Excellent problem-solving ability.
· Thorough understanding of all safety regulations and procedures.
· Extensive experience in welding steel and aluminum components.
· Minimum 10 years welding/fabricating supervisor experience or equivalent is desired.
Application deadline: 2021-01-20
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
We are actively screening all employees at the beginning of each shift before entering the building. All employees who are not able to maintain safe distance are required to wear a mask. Sanitization stations throughout the shops.