We are busy and need help in the welding department for a minimum 6 months (it could lead to full time). Kal Tire is looking to hire a Welder. The Welder is responsible for the fabrication, construction and installation of components required for vehicle and equipment builds and modifications as per Kal Tire specifications.
Assembly, fabrication, and installation
- Provide quotes or estimates on job costs.
- Based on Work Orders and drawings, determine process specifications and required materials, and pull from inventory.
- Build, fabricate or repair components or equipment ranging in size and scope based on customer requests and needs.
- Examine finished product to ensure specifications are met.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance, and repair / fabrication techniques.
Shop Assistance / Support
- Assist with basic assembly and installation of equipment or components as required.
- Ensure shop is maintained in a clean and organized manner.
- Operate other equipment and tools as needed to complete required jobs.
- Safely operate equipment and apply safety practices within the shop.
- Minimum 6 months to 4 years of journeyman or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic welding equipment.
- Ability to work in an environment which can be physically demanding.
- Ability to read and follow drawings / directions.
- Welder Journeyman certification or equivalent experience
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent.
About Kal Tire
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers’ expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.