Project Duration: Permanent
Hours Per Day: 11.5
Travel: Fly-in/ Fly-out – Charter Flights from Calgary or Edmonton
Market Rate Adder Incentive of $80.00 per day and Retention Pay of $25.00 per day is in effect on top of base hourly rate for all Welder positions at Suncor Fort Hills!
Jardeg is recruiting Welder Journeypersons with B-Pressure to work by-hand and join the team supporting the Suncor Fort Hills Project near Fort McMurray, Alberta. Charter Flights and camp provided.
Jardeg has quietly existed as the construction industry’s best-kept secret for over 15 years. We’re the pros backing an elite group of companies who execute Graham’s large, complex construction and maintenance projects. With a significant presence in the Construction, Industrial Maintenance, and Turnaround sectors, Jardeg is the largest recruiter of skilled trades in Canada.
Welders join or sever metals in beams, girders, vessels, piping and other metal components, make metal parts used in construction and manufacturing plants, and weld parts, tools, machines and equipment. Welders also build up worn parts by welding layers of high-strength hard-metal alloys onto them.
Hand Welder Journeypersons:
- Are skillful in the fusing of metals using prescribed welding applications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the welding equipment involved with the various welding procedures.
- Comprehend drawings and develop layout patterns for projects and calculate quantities of materials.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of metals, arc electrodes, welding gases and gas welding filler rods.
- Recognize defective welds; know the cause and proper procedure for the repair of the defective area.
- Have a working knowledge of mathematics calculations pertaining to the welding trade.
- Have a working knowledge of the required codes.
- Be familiar with the work of other trades people in affiliated trades.
- Perform assigned tasks in accordance with quality and production standards required by industry.
- Have a valid CWB in the process’s being used.
- Have a valid B-Pressure ABSA ticket in the processes being used.
- Journeyperson Certificate of Completion in the Welding trade.
- B-Pressure Certification from Alberta Boilers Safety Association (ABSA).
- Common Safety Orientation (CSO) or BSO or OSSA Regional Orientation.
- Aerial Work Platform.
- Energy Safety Canada Certified Fall Protection.
- Energy Safety Canada Certified Confined Space.
- Overhead Crane & Rigging.
- Driver’s License and a clean 3 Year Driver’s Abstract.
Welding Tickets (must be current and within 6 months):
- F3/F4 Carbon Steel, SMAW/SMAW.
- F6/F6 Carbon Steel, GTAW.
- Arctec 661T, SMAW.
- Arctec W1063, FCAW.
- CWB SMAW.
- CWB-1: Mode: Manual, Class: F/H/Vu/O, Material: CS, Process: SMAW, Classification: S Electrode: F4.
- CWB-2: Mode: Semi-Automatic, Class: F/H/Vu/O, Material: CS, Process: FCAW, Classification: S.
Job Types: Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out, Permanent