Safely perform metal working activities including but not limited to job lay out, welding, cutting, fabricating, grinding and painting in structural and nonstructural applications.
- Operate specified welding equipment to fabricate and perform repairs on new and used solid waste handling equipment.
- Repair and prep equipment for painting including painting assigned equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of services performed.
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
- Maintain clean work area in shop or on job site and any assigned vehicles.
- Assist other shop employees with repairs and duties.
- Inspect and maintain assigned hand tools and equipment to ensure they are in working order, notifying Shop Manager of needed repairs.
- Ensure quality, efficient and safe completion of all repairs.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED desired.
- Certification of basic welding skills and/or two years experience in welding/fabricating.
- Class A or B CDL desired.
- Must pass a DOT physical including drug screening and background check.
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, taste, and smell.
- Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work in usually loud conditions.
GFL Environmental, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.